You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
Group Benefits: Basic Concepts
Please verify your state CE approval prior to enrollment by clicking here.
Who should take this course: Licensed Life/Health Agents, Consultants and Brokers
CE Requested in all 50 states: up to 18 hours
Reading Material - Text book
Viewing Material - Video
Study Method: On-line self study
OVERVIEW AND OBJECTIVES
Employee benefits are a major part of the overall compensation for employees in the marketplace. The significance of the term “employee benefits” has increased in recent years. Whether you use a narrow definition of employee benefits or a broad definition of employee benefits, employee benefits are an important “expectation” for employees to receive when working for an employer and for employers to provide to their employees.
The course covers employee benefits that include Medical Expense coverage, Life Insurance, Retiree Life Insurance, Disability Income, and managed care plans.
To address this important factor in health insurance sales, NAHU has created a course to educate professionals through an introduction to the basic concepts of group benefits and their role in today’s health insurance marketplace.
An understanding of the material in this chapter will enable the student to
- Identify the categories of benefits that can be included in a broad definition of employee benefits, and explain their significance.
- Understand the benefit structure and planning process.
- Understand the characteristics of Voluntary Benefits and when they come into play.
- Understand how the benefit schedules under group term life insurance plans might be determined.
- Describe the eligibility requirements and other contract provisions usually found in group term life insurance plans.
- Understand the tax implications of group term insurance to both employers and employees.
- Understand group variable life insurance options.
- Describe the characteristics of insured disability income plans and their tax implications of group disability income premiums and benefits for the employer and the employees.
- Obtain working knowledge of the providers of traditional medical expense insurance plans and exclusions.
- Understand the role of provider networks and utilization management in managed care plans.
- Understand eligibility provisions found in medical expense plans and clearly define the coordination-of-benefits process.
- Identify the relationship between employer-provided medical expense coverage, Medicare and the tax implications of group medical expense premiums.
- Identify the objectives of an effective employee benefit communications program, and describe the methods by which it might be implemented.
CE Rules by state
NAHU Course Refund Policy: In order to be eligible for a course refund, the student will have to request a refund within one year of the purchase date. In addition, the course must be intact, meaning the student has not begun the course. If the student is entitled to a refund, NAHU will refund the purchase price using the original method of payment.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
(Account Manager 101)
Benefits Account Manager Certification (Third Edition)
(Advanced Topics in Group Benefits)
Advanced Topics in Group Benefits
Advanced Topics - Module 3 - Medicaid
(NAHU Ethics in Business)
NAHU Ethics in Business
(Employer Sponsored Plans)
Employer-Sponsored Plans in a Post ACA Era Certification Course (Textbook Included)
(Advanced Benefit Account Manager Certification)
NAHU Advanced Benefits Account Manager Certification
(Single-Payer Healthcare Certification)
Single-Payer Healthcare Certification
(Individual Health Insurance Certification )
Individual Health Insurance Certification
(Advanced Self-Funded Certification)
Advanced Self-Funded Certification
Best Practices for Plan Administration: Part I
(Wellness Certification )
NAHU Wellness Certification
(Voluntary Worksite Certification Course)
Voluntary Worksite Certification